Tuesday, February 22, 2011

When it rains

Yeah, I know.  Its been a while.  You know how they say, when it rains, it pours?  I kind of had a stressful last couple of weeks.  Issues resolved (mainly, my car and headlights that didn't work and figuring out alternate transportation) and life is back to a pretty normal routine.

Tomorrow is a big day.  Sure, its just an ordinary Wednesday to most, but to some, tomorrow is huge.  Registration for the Marine Corp Marathon opens at noon.  You know, this little race in DC that I hope to run with 30,000 of my closest friends.  My second marathon--seriously how cool is it that I can say that.  I have already run a marathon-I know what to expect, what to prepare for and a lot of the nerves should be gone!

Sunday, in an effort to bring running to the passenger seat (a follower sent me an email and use that quote--I liked it so much I had to steal it) I had plans to meet with Liz and Katye at noon for a little 10 miler--no biggie, right?  It was a nice 10 miles too, even if the bulk was spent walking and catching up.  (side note--I took my new Mizuno Alchemy's out for a spin and I am sad that they were a huge fail--I returned them and ended up in my trusty Brook Trance once again--so pretty).  We followed up our gab fest run with a tasty pretzel from Auntie Annes and decided we were still chatty hungry, and decided to get a late lunch instead.

As if that weren't enough, I ran Monday and then again today!!  Seriously, I must be ready to train.  I did some speed work on the treadmill and it felt great to just let my legs fly.  I felt like a lot of the stress, frustrations and pain I have been bottling up for the last several weeks just pour out of me (literally--I was a sweaty beast at the end).

So, back to this whole marathon thing.  I am really attempting to eat cleaner and more healthfully for my marathon, but I am totally clueless and so not savvy.  Any of you health nuts out there have any suggestions or tips for me?  What is the one thing you guys can't live without during training aside from cupcakes?  What do you try and avoid?

Ok, sorry for the really scattered post.  SOMEONE (aka Katye) has been dropping hints that I should start posting again!

Happy running everyone and remember, TOMORROW (Wednesday the 23rd) is registration for the Marine Corp Marathon.  Its going to sell out fast, so if you want plan to run it, sign up right away!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fabulous : ) I approve!

Katie said...

I recommend Clean Eating Magazine. I love the recipes, eating plans . . . and the cookies, etc in it our yummy too!

I have found I really need to watch what I am eating while training for the marathon . . . I am hungry all the time.

Laura said...

I am in the 3rd round of marathon training and my hunger is nuts right now. I am forcing even more veggies into me now or else I would be on a pasta only diet.
Glad you are back!