Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Treading

I know, four posts in two days?  Is the world ending?  I might be a super blogger yet!!!

So, today on Facebook, Katye asked if anyone would be interested in taking a treading class at her gym.  Knowing that the gym was not that far from me (downtown Baltimore) I jumped at the chance.

Treading is a lot like spinning, but, you guessed it, on the treadmill.  You connect your headphones to the AV device on the treadmill, switch to a certain channel, and run intervals based on what the instructor tells you.  I am a fan of intervals, so I was excited to see what a guided class would feel like, rather than me just screwing around on the treadmill myself.

At first, there was a lot of confusion as to what channel to hook up to, what time the class started, and getting on a couple of good machines.  Once we got all squared away, the instructor guided us in the basic terminology and how the class would go.

It was challenging, it was tough, and it was so much fun!  Time just flew by.  We played with speeds, with intervals and it was nice to really get into a groove and let my legs go.  Before I know it, I had three miles (plus the .75 I got in before we actually started) in and the class was wrapping up.

Note to Self-iPhone+Treading pictures=poor quality.  Notice Katye's crazy ponytail, even in the blur!

Proof of a good work out.  I am a sweaty beast glistening goddess!

I really enjoyed the treading class.  I think it will be a nice addition to my training schedule for the Marine Corps Marathon (YAYYYYYYY!!!!), so thanks again to Katye for the guest pass and introducing me to this awesome class!!!

Happy Running!

7 comments:

Sue G. said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! You are a brave woman.

Teresa said...

I wish I had a class like that near here....that sounds like so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

I would love this! A “forced” way to do intervals. I wish we had one here! what gym offers it?

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm glad you liked it, it's one of my favorites!

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

That sounds so fun!
And I like Glistening Goddess :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds like an awesome way to make a treadmill workout more exciting. I really wish that my gym had classes like this!

Laura said...

Treading sounds like so much fun! I want to try to find a class near me.