Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Best Day EVER

Friday may have been the best day ever. In the words of Barney Stinson, it may have been “Ledgen--------wait for it-----dary!” Nothing major happened, but there were a series of great events throughout the day!

There is a new girl in the offices that runs and happened to run the Disney half marathon in CA back in September. We started talking about my upcoming race schedule (and I tried to recruit her) and plans for a half marathon in Orlando next year when she told me about the BEST RACE EVER. Disney apparently hosts a Princess Half Marathon. Visions of tutus, tiaras and pageant waves flashed into my head and I was so there. The race is in March—as in a month away-- and I will not be ready for this. But sign me up for March of 2011. I have managed to recruit several other people into this, you apparently get killer rates at the various resorts through Disney and I am already planning out my race outfit. I am a big kid at heart, and I love Disney, so I am planning on a few extra days down there. My husband is all for it, because he can golf his little heart away at the courses there and come out on race day for support and H2O service.

Admittedly, I have a bit of a shopping hobby (or problem if you ask my husband). I stopped at Marshalls on the way home from work (Hey, at least I am bargain shopper!) and was digging through the workout section when it felt like a light shined down on me and the angels in heaven sang. There in front of me was a CW-X Xtra Support Bra in white with lavender trim (which I can not find anywhere). I snatched the only one on the rack up and checked the size. The only one in the store, and it was my size and it was $19.99 (normally retails for $57.00). I felt like the stars aligned for me and it was some higher power than drove me to that Marshalls on that day. All kidding aside, the CW-X is probably the BEST bra I have run in (even if you need to be double jointed to get into it), but I tend to shy away from it because of the price. Finding it at that price was a huge surprise and made my day.

My running was derailed over the weekend. I run at the gym because 1-my neighborhood is only about .75 miles long, 2-the road outside my neighborhood is major and has way too much traffic on it to feel safe running on, 3- I don’t like running after dark (bad experience when I was running 7 years ago and had a guy following me at night in my nice, quiet, upper class neighborhood in Alexandria) and 4-I like to people watch and my gym has a CAST of characters. We were supposed to get a dusting of snow on Saturday, so I didn’t think anything about it. After 5 hours of steady of snow, and 5 inches on the ground, I knew I would not be able to make it to the gym. Sunday, after running errands, my husband and I got home after sundown and ice was starting to form and my husband did not want me out. Monday was shot because of class (though I did some weights and lunges at lunch) so yesterday I took a Pilates class and went for a run after that. I thought I was in shape but boy oh boy was I wrong. Parts of my body were burning in the class that I did not even know I had. I enjoyed the class and I think I will keep up with it, but who knew that such little movement could have some serious effects on the muscles. I followed the class up with a nice speed work out and three miles--I wanted to do 5, but it was snowing again--, so it ended up being a good day. With another wallop of snow forecasted for the DC/Baltimore area again this weekend, I am planning some long runs during the week in case I am stuck in the house again.

Hope everyone has a great day!


No comments: