Friday, July 16, 2010

I felt the earth move under my feet

Greetings, from the earthquake center!  I was woken up at 5 this morning by my bed shaking for a good 20 seconds.  I thought I was having a dream, but when I turned on the news, I found out there had been an earthquake!!  This has been the year of crazy mother nature here in the Mid Atlantic region!!!

Work has been so crazy with my new promotion and preparing for my vacation.  Honestly, this blog has taken a backseat, which is unfortunate, but the job pays the bills (and for races ;) ).  After Katye sent me a message yesterday telling me she missed me, I knew I need to give you guys a shout out!  I am excited to head to the Outerbanks in NC tomorrow for a week long family vacation with 17 people.  I am so excited; plus I will have some super running buddies!

In other good news, I have been selected to serve on a review panel for Running Skirts :)  I am so excited to test out their gear and give you guys a full report back!

I apologize for the short length of this post, but I have about 1000 things to get done before tomorrow!  I promise to post every day on my vacation!!!!

Happy running all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting about the quake! I have only read a few blogs so far and I do hope there wasn't much for damage.
I felt one when I lived in Hawaii and it was a trip!

Congrats on the skirt gig!!

Katie said...

I did not feel a thing this AM, nor did it wake me up! But, all of my friends said they woke up beacuse of it! I guess I am just too heavy of a sleeper!

Awesome to hear about you being on RunningSkirts review panel . . . how fun!

have a great vacation!

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

I missed the quake! Didnt' feel a thing. Enjoy your vacation and I'm looking forward to your reviews. :)

Anonymous said...

welcome to the running skirts review team! so excited =) and of course the one day I'm not in maryland, there's an earthquake. lol strange how that happens.

dawn @ running the dawn said...

glad that everything was ok during the quake! have a great vacation and so exciting about the skirts thing :)