Thursday, January 21, 2010

Frustration

Running is my sure-fire pick me up plan. If I ever have a bad day, get stressed out from school, work or life, or if I just need some space and time to think, I go for a run. Once I pop those earbuds in, get into a groove and get going, I just forget about all my concerns and worries and just go. I am a much happier, relaxed and less anxious person when I run.

So what happens when you just can’t go? Last week, I was really happy with my progress. I ran 5 miles in just over an hour (slow, yes, but still 5 miles J and half the distance I need to be ready for the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler in April) and logged just over twenty miles for the week for the first time in about three months. I had an easy run on Monday, took Tuesday off to babysit the world’s cutest 10 month old (so my friends husband could take her on a surprise date) and yesterday planned on speed training. I got about 1.2 miles into my planned 1.5 miles and just felt like my body shut down. My hips hurt, my knee was bugging and my arches were aching. Rather than run through the pain, I walked to cool down and hopped on the elliptical to finish my workout.

I am fairly disgruntled. After a really positive week, I feel like this week is turning out to a major let down. Yesterday was not one of my finer days, so I could have used the planned pick-me-up run I intended to complete. I felt like not completing a substantial run tipped the scales on my already questionable mood and set a tone for the remainder of the evening; nothing seemed to go right for me for the rest of the night! I am trying to stay positive and will probably do some strength training tonight in lieu of a run. Maybe it was just my body’s way of saying “Hey Fatty---give the joints and muscles a break!”

I decided to make an appointment with a chiropractor, at the suggestion of a coworker. I figure being the FatGirl, maybe it’s just too much pressure and jostling on my joints and is the source of my problems. I am going to start stretching much more on a daily basis. Maybe I am just too tight when I start running and never can get completely comfortable.

Tonight, my order of sports bras from
Titlenine.com is due to arrive, so be on the lookout for reviews of the two bras I ordered in the next couple of days. If you struggle to find a sports bra for being a well endowed girl, I am going to be testing out several to find the answer for the no bounce. Title Nine offers a plethora of bras, tested and rated by various staffers and reviews and was a really helpful website in ordering new bras. My only complaint: While they do tell you the manufacture of the bra, they do not give you the manufacturer’s name of the bra, just their own. I like to scour for the best deals online, and while it makes it difficult, I can find the bras after enough research.

I am hoping to be more diligent about posting blog entries. I have been reluctant to turn on my computer at home during my winter break from school, but with classes starting next week, I will be on the computer more, and hopefully, writing more.

Hope everyone has a great day.

No comments: