2. I just realized I only have 9 weeks until my next half marathon. Which means there is even less time until the Pike's Peek 10K and the Broad Street Run. EEEKKKK! Time to get myself in gear, which is going to be difficult with all the free time I have between studying for the CPA exam, working and trying to have a social life (speaking of having a social life--dating is a lot harder than I remember. Any words of wisdom?)
3. I had a couple people ask for the Cajun Seafood Pasta Recipe. Here you go.
- 20 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Roast the olive oil and garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seafood seasoning (I realy like Tony Chachere)
- 2 pounds littleneck clams, scrubbed or 2 cans clams
- 1 pound mussels, scrubbed, debearded – if desired
- 1 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- 1 3/4 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes (about 8 large)
- 18 uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 18 ounces halibut fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 cup chopped green onions for garnish
You could add andouille sausage if you would like and just cook with mushrooms.
Add everything, including garlic and olive oil – do not add the shrimp and fish yet
Cover and cook until clams and mussels have opened.
Fish out all of the clams and mussels add the fish and shrimp cook until done
Put the mussels and clams back in pot.
Season to taste
Meanwhile cook linguine
Drain and transfer to large bowl. Pour seafood sauce over pasta.
Happy Running everyone!