Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ambitions

I get these crazy ideas now and then.

  1. I am going to take a full course load at school and work full time
  2. I am going to start tearing apart the house and remodeling by myself.
  3. I am going to run a marathon.

Let me say that again. I AM GOING TO RUN A MARATHON??

Who am I kidding? Sure, I was on the track team in high school, but as a sprinter. I hated the idea of running more than a lap around the track. Yes, I run now, and enjoy it, but he furthest I have run ever is 6.2 miles (first every Marine Corps Marathon 10K--such an incredible experience).

Why did I decide to run the marathon? The blog name says it all--I am a big girl, although noticably smaller with a few 5Ks and a 10k under my belt. I want to keep it up and see myself getting thinner (and healthier) until my debut at a marathon.

So, why start a blog? Maybe someone will come across it, and maybe someone will follow it. I need that accountability; someone to ask "how's it going?" or "how much longer do you have until the marathon?" or a simple "Good Luck!"

So, this is the start of my journey to a distance runner. I am looking forward to the ride!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

I come from a very similar background. I was on the track team in high school and never ran long distances ever in my life. So, I never thought that I ever could. But I think our bodies are capable of doing it if we believe we can. Good luck with marathon training =) I'll def be checking in to see how things are going with you.